A Few Bits About Me...
- Multi-skilled individual with a passion for technology, learning and problem-solving (sometimes all at once).
- Relishes new challenges and the opportunity to expand on considerable existing knowledge and experience across disciplines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and understanding of the dynamics of working within small teams, as well as larger organisational structures.
- Has operated in formal and informal instructional and educational positions.
- Has facilitated events catering to groups and individuals of all (or at least many) ages.
- Has informed policy and program development and staff management procedures.
and another few...
- Website : You're already here! Congratulations!
- Phone Number : + 353 (0)83 358 1454
- Location : Co. Donegal, Ireland
Batchelor of Design, Digital Media;
National Diploma in Communications and Multimedia
- Email : email@example.com
- Availability : Try Me!
A selection of the languages and software packages that I am most familiar with. Don't worry if none of these mean anything to you - after we've talked, I'll know exactly what tools will best suit your needs.
Content Management Systems
- October CMS
- Craft CMS
- Adobe Creative Suite
- DigiDesign Pro Tools
- Avid Media Composer
How I got to where I am. It's not the most riveting origin story in the multiverse, but it's here if you want it.
John Antony Gallagher
Full-stack web developer who has been designing and developing user-friendly experiences for an international client-base across a range of industries for the last 15+ years.
- Co. Donegal, Ireland
- +353 (0)83 358 1454
Batchelor of Design, Digital Media
2003 - 2004
Letterkenny Institute of Technology, Co. Donegal, Ireland
Topics covered: Audio technologies, Image manipulation, 3D graphics, Motion graphics, Web development, Animation, Video editing
National Diploma, Communications and Creative Multimedia
2000 - 2003
Dundalk Institute of Technology, Co. Louth, Ireland
Topics covered: Interactive multimedia, Image manipulation, Sound design, Lighting design, Motion graphics, Web development, Database technologies, Video editing, Film studies, Psychology, Philosophy, Cultural perspectives, Human-computer interaction
2009 - Present
- Collaborating both with designers and clients in order to develop, test and deploy easily updated, visually pleasing and accessible websites.
- Providing training for website maintenance and updating.
- Also providing a range of related services (website maintenance, backup, modernisation, optimisation, disaster recovery, SEO, etc.).
- Develop, test and deploy websites primarily using WordPress, utilising my capabilities in HTML5, CSS3, PHP, SQL, JQuery and other technologies.
- Clients have included Big Fish Design (Derry~Londonderry), Verbal Arts Centre (Derry~Londonderry), Kelsius (Falcarragh, Co. Donegal), ERNACT (European Regions Network for the Application of Communications Technology) (Letterkenny, Co. Donegal), HSE, Roe Valley Arts Centre (Limavady), Centre for Contemporary Arts (Derry~Londonderry).
Youth Support Worker
2016 - 2019
Pobail le Chéile Community Development Project
Falcarragh, Co. Donegal
- Organised events and activities for young people in Falcarragh and the surrounding areas in collaboration with project co-ordinator.
- Continuously sought and acted on feedback from participants with the aim of implementing service improvements.
- Established two seperate CoderDojo groups, providing young people with the opportunity to learn fundamental computer programming concepts and skills using Scratch, Processing (Java-based) and Python.
- Organised and delivered several digital creation workshops, eg. Video editing, Image manipulation, Game creation, Web technologies.
IT Support Tutor
Letterkenny, Co. Donegal
- Delivered Hardware, Software, Networking, Web Design and Operating Systems modules to a group of adult IT support trainees.
- Reinforced classroom instruction by creating handouts and developing theoretical and practical exercises.
- Evaluated and documented student progress, devising tactics to improve tutoring effectiveness.
- Also responsible for marking projects, practical and theory exams.
Head of Technical Operations/Web Developer
2005 - 2011
Guth Gafa International Documentary Film Festival
Gortahork, Co. Donegal
- Determined needs, researched providers and ensured the provision of necessary facilities for screenings.
- Identified quality or compatibility issues in incoming screening materials.Carried out conversions between formats where necessary.
- Worked with in-house designer to create festival website, took on the role oflead administrator, and provided support to other site admins
2005 - 2010
Gortahork, Co. Donegal
- Responsible for ensuring equipment functionality and troubleshooting, as well as organising repairs for major machinery failures.
- Organized and monitored resources to ensure efficient use of labor, equipment and materials.
- Mentored interns on correct use of equipment and production workflows.
- Reviewed and assessed ongoing operations, developing initiatives for continuous process improvement.
Alternatively, you can download it as a PDF, print it out on some paper, hold it in your hands, and read it again whenever the mood hits you.
Currently Under Construction.
So what can I do for you?
That really depends on what you need done - I was once asked to deliver a vanload of pencil drawings to Germany, and couldn't think of a single reason not to, so ask away and let's see what happens!
Usually, though, this is the sort of stuff I get up to:
I can totally set you up with your own wee corner of the Internet - a place where you can tell the world what you have to offer, or do whatever else you want with it!
Maybe your wee corner of the Internet is in a state of disrepair? Let me fix it up for you. Like an interior decorator, but with a keyboard instead of a paintbrush.
General behind-the-scenes tidying up in order to allow easier and faster navigation of your website. VROOM, VROOM!!!
Got something to sell? I can set you up to shift your physical or virtual products or services via your website.
The answer to all of your questions that begin with "Wouldn't it be handy if I had something that would...."
Search Engine Optimisation
Analysis and improvement of the things that search engines are looking for on your website, to ensure maximum visibility.
I have a long track record of telling people what to do. And showing them how to do it.
Anything from simple colour-correction and touch-ups, to more complex compositing and manipulation.
Recording, cutting, joining, combining, extracting, cleaning-up, volume correction.
More people have phones than have computers, so I also build things for phones and tablets.
People saying nice things about me, and I didn't even have to get them drunk first.
Or pay them.
In fact, they paid me!!!!
I needed images for an important pitch I was working on and remotely, John Antony got exactly what I was going for and quickly delivered images to a high standard and that also sold the show in a concise way. I'd wholeheartedly recommend him to everyone.
Antoin Beag Ó Colla
Clients often ask me to recommend web developers and I have been putting John-Antony forward for a number of years. His work is consistently and reliably excellent and his is always the first name that comes to mind.
Social Media Consultant
Super-easy to work with on my website. The customisations I wanted were not a problem. Took my design work and really made it fit into the website. Happy to add little touches that made sure the website was exactly as I wanted it to be, giving me the confidence to promote my work.
Visual/Spoken Word/Performance Artist
FIll in the boxes below with some words describing your situation and what you need/want, and I'll get back
to you at the earliest opportunity.
Alternatively, just send me a joke or something - I'll be pretty happy with that, too!
Co. Donegal, Ireland
+353 (0)83 358 1454